Who We Are
Foodscaping Utah is a nonprofit organization and volunteer group dedicated to helping people get started growing their own food.
For those near Ogden, Utah, we provide help getting started with a small foodscape installation, hands-on learning during volunteer opportunities, and face-to-face classes.
Grow Your Own
- Volunteer to learn foodscaping hands on
- See the foodscape applicant page to apply for a scape
- For some basic info on getting started growing see 3 keys to success
- Get design ideas: gallery of previous scapes and our demonstration foodscape
- Under ‘Learn’, find foodscaping info on replacing grass, growing fruit trees, grapes, and vegetables, installing drip irrigation, as well as tours of our foodscape and much more.
More About Us
Our basic mission is to help people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to grow their own food. Our more grandiose mission is to transform communities through foodscapes that change the way we think about food, as well as how we interact with our landscapes on a daily basis. We believe people would love to grow some of their own food if they had some help getting started. Homegrown fruits and vegetables taste amazing, are incredibly nutritious, and bring beauty to our surroundings.
Check out my take on foodscaping and scroll to the bottom to find links to follow our learning blog via email (bottom right) or via wordpress (bottom left). Like us on facebook and subscribe to our youtube channel. We hope you find our website enjoyable, educational, and maybe even inspirational. Foodscaping Utah was founded in Ogden, UT by John and Holly Trimble in 2017.
News: Click here to listen to us talk about things like what inspired us to start Foodscaping Utah, how the pay-it-forward program works, some of our favorite crops to grow and why we think foodscapes are the best use of our landscapes (less water use, health benefits, adds beauty and enjoyment to landscape, etc).